Please note that this schedule, session descriptions, and speakers are subject to change as we continue to plan the event.

Back To Schedule
Friday, October 18 • 7:45am - 10:00am
Breakfast Mini-Plenary: The Other 95%

Sign up or log in to save this to your schedule, view media, leave feedback and see who's attending!

Breakfast is available at 7:45 am - the session begins at 8:30 am.

IRS requirements require that foundations pay out at least 5% of our assets each year on program. But what we do with the other 95% is just as important, beyond trying to ensure that our investment returns keep up with program outflows and inflation. Bring your own ideas and experiences to this facilitated discussion on the wide variety of strategies available for using all of your assets to meet your goals and mission – from impact investing and voting shareholder proxies to investing directly with social entrepreneurs seeking to address the equity gap and other key challenges of the 21st Century.

Related Resources

avatar for Alissandra Aronow

Alissandra Aronow

Secretary, Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
Alissandra Elizabeth Aronow is a former international ice dancer. After retiring from competitive skating, she went back to school and is studying for a bachelor’s degree in History of Art from the University of Michigan. Alissandra served as a NextGen Co-Chair of the Max M... Read More →
avatar for Cedric Brown

Cedric Brown

Chief Foundation Officer, Kapor Center
Cedric Brown is the Chief Foundation Officer, providing executive oversight of the Kapor Center’s philanthropic and community initiatives. He has built a 25 year career of rich and varied leadership achievements, mostly dedicated to ensuring pathways to opportunities for people... Read More →
avatar for Michael L. Meadows

Michael L. Meadows

Philanthropic Consultant
Michael L. Meadows is a philanthropic consultant and serves as a board member for the National Center for Family Philanthropy. Previously Michael was Senior Vice President at Westwood Wealth Management where he led Westwood’s Foundation and Philanthropic Advisory Services. Michael... Read More →
avatar for June Wilson

June Wilson

Executive Director Emeritus, Quixote Foundation
June Wilson, executive director emeritus and board member of the Quixote Foundation, combines her talent as a dancer and choreographer with the operational expertise of a COO and strategic acumen of a CEO. She understands people’s physical and emotional interactions within a literal... Read More →
avatar for Richard Woo

Richard Woo

CEO, The Russell Family Foundation
Richard Woo is the chief executive officer of The Russell Family Foundation, where he collaborates with the board to guide the Foundation's strategic planning, programs and community affairs. Richard joined the organization in 2000 and has worked with three generations of the Russell... Read More →

Friday October 18, 2019 7:45am - 10:00am CDT
Marriott Ballroom, 4th Floor Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, 540 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60611